priority level based on permission

Michal Crkon July 21, 2013
Hi folks, how to specify that priority blocker can be used by admin only? I tried to find and play with permission but be honest i am lost. At the moment we use 4 level of priorities when the highest one is often abused. For specific project the end user wants to give this right only to the admin. So for rest of the projects the user can pick all 4 levels of the priority. Does have any one experience with this? Thanks, Miso

1 answer

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi Michal,

You can use the Live Fields feature of JJUPIN to restrict the options of the priority select list for anyone who is not an admin.

Another idea would be to use a validator and not allow people to create issues with a certain priority. However you have no control over the "Edit" action on the issue, so they can create the issue and then change the priority. Using Live Fields, the Priority dropdown will be filtered out on any screen (unless you specify otherwise).

Michal Crkon July 21, 2013
it sounds good. I will try it and let you know then. Thanks, Miso

Suggest an answer