priority field is required error message.

Neeta Dubey January 6, 2014

I am trying to edit one of the issue created in JIRA however it gives the error "priority is required" although priority is selected. I need to click on the drop down and select the same priority again. could you please help on this issue

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2014

That looks like you have some javascript trying to do something with priority as you go for an edit. Have you done anything with javascript (or a plugin that uses javascript)?

Neeta Dubey January 6, 2014

i performed intergirty check once and it looks that problem has appeared after that only.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

he is asking, did you used any javascript function on priority field?

just diable any javascript plugin if you used then check this behaviour

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2014

The integrity check would have no effect on the way the priority field works.

Something looks like it is interfering with the field during the edit process, so you need to find and fix that.

Paulie Rainbow January 7, 2014

It looks like the order in which the validation is being performed is wrong.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2014

Be careful with the word "validation" here - Jira has validators which do validation. This problem is occurring BEFORE validation occurs

1 vote
Neeta Dubey January 12, 2014

There was some error in the coding on Priority filed. I checked with developer of out tool and the problem is rectified.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2014

So I was right? You've coded something in javascript which breaks it?

Neeta Dubey January 12, 2014

Yes Nick, You were correct, i was having hard ticket to go through the coding.

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2014

Than it would be fair to mark Nics answer as correct...

0 votes
George April 3, 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to validate Priority field to be allowed to have only "crirtical"  value in the list when creating issue , i.e 

Example :

Issue wud be allowed to create for particular Priority value

Suggest an answer