predefined answers

Nadav Bilu October 17, 2012

I would like to create predefined answers as I use the system as customer support system and I need to answer predefined answers to my customers.

What would be the best way to create a screen with some kind of drop down (Or any other way).

In addition I want my support team leader to be able to add / update for those predefined answers and not ask me as administrator to do that.

Thanks, Nadav.

1 answer

0 votes
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2012

Hi Nadav,

This isn't available in JIRA by default, but I actually wrote a small user script that can help for situations like this. You'll want to install it as an extension (if you are using Chrome) or use GreaseMonkey to load this if you are using Firefox.

You can get the user script here: https://bitbucket.org/simontower/shipit-20-yes-we-canned/overview

The extension adds a small text box on the right hand side of of a JIRA issue where you can insert predefined messages. You can also save any current comment as a new message, delete old messages, etc.

It was written for JIRA 5.1, since we use that version for our own support team. The code may have to be tweaked a bit to make it work on your instance, but it is all there. Hope it helps!

-Simon

Nadav Bilu October 22, 2012

Thanks Simon,

Is it possible to use it in the on-demand Jira?

If yes, can you explain how?

I did not understand how to install the js script as an extention in chrome?

Shouldn't I need to install it inside Jira to be able to connect to my issues?

Thanks, Nadav.

SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

It is possible to use the script in OnDemand because the script is installed in your browser (Chrome for example).

To install it,

1. download the js file
  2. In chrome, click on the upper-right hand options menu, then tools > Extensions
  3. Drag and drop the JS file from your desktop or wherever to the extensions list. It'll ask you if you want to install it.

The drawback here is that everyone who wants predefined answers will have to install the script this way.

Suggest an answer