pre-searchable content in custom field

Lubomir Styskala June 12, 2017

Hi,

can I somehow manage to have the same behaviour as Assignee field or issue link field has? I created custom filed "Select List (single choice)" with many options. I want to achieved the same behaviour as mentioned fields have, when typing the letters the content will be pre-filtered and only these options which correspond with the letters will be shown. 

Labels custom field has this kind of sorting but it allows the user to create a new label, which is not what I want.

Any Idea?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2017

Hi Lubomir,

I tried to work around this by using the instructions in How to enable Autocomplete Renderer for Multi-Select Custom Field in JIRA.  The only downside to this is that this changes the field and allows the addition of labels as well.  One option that has come up a lot in other communities posts is to create a custom field using the SDK.  In this post Sam Huawey outlines some instructions for implementing this.  Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Lubomir Styskala June 12, 2017

Hi,

Branden, it helped. Should I worry about future support of this hack? I mean, is there a possibility that it will stop working one day?

L.

Suggest an answer