portfolio - done issues disappear in 'scope' pane

Gurce Isikyildiz November 29, 2016

Hi there,

I'm using JIRA cloud with the portfolio add-on to try get better acquainted with it.

I've been noticing though that issues that I have showing on the "Scope" pane will disappear once that issue is set to "DONE" status. Why is that? I was expecting it to remain visible there, and perhaps update the "Progress" column for that issue to be fully green.

Or have I misunderstood how it works?

Gurce

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2016

Hi, this is dependent on your filter configuration: in the "More" filter group next to the search box you have 2 filters: Status and Completion date. Completion date per default only contains issues in the current sprint, if you set it for instance to "This quarter", you'll see all issues that have been resolved from the beginning of the current quarter in the scope table (not in the visual schedule, the schedule is forward-looking and focuses on the items that still need to be done). 

Jüri Tomingas April 20, 2018

Can you please explain why Done issues are not shown on the Visual Schedule?

Seems like weird decision to drop visual and textual data alignment...but maybe you can convince me it is a good thing.

Thanks!

Like Mario Blanco likes this
Matan Levin May 17, 2018

Hi there - 

I am in the same boat. I cannot see the issues that were closed / marked as done. This is very odd.

I double checked the filtering on Status = open & completed; Completed = "this sprint", and even confirmed the board filters, which are the sources that feed portfolio, and ensured those don't exclude issues that are marked as "closed" or "done". 

I still cannot see completed issues in the Scope view. 

Any help with this please?

Ruben C June 11, 2018

It seems this question comes up a lot, and I've also posted a similar Q. I find it more valuable to see DONE stories when sharing the view.

The odd part is when checking the Source, the done stories aren't listed, when my filter is showing everything, with some done Epics showing in the source grid.

Alfonso Balsera April 18, 2019

For me, it was setting the board rather than the project under the "Team" page. Then go back to "Scope" page and click more and select 'Status (Open and Completed Issues)'. I thought that changing the status of Done to Completed would do the trick. But actually both will be considered in Portfolio. Just make sure the board is selected not the project. Note: Don't forget to commit your changes in Portfolio. A change from Project to Board in Teams required committing. 

Like Malie Lalor likes this

Suggest an answer