plugin version error of proforma-add-on-8.6.4-data-center.jar

Mengmeng Yu September 20, 2022

Hi ,

I installed proforma-add-on-8.6.4 with data-center version,

However it shows on jira portal as jira server version as you can see from screenshot.

is this normal?Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Mengmeng Yu 

That is description text bundled with the plugin. ProForma have not chosen to update it yet. I can also see the installed version is 8.6.4-DC i.e. a data centre version.

These is usually very little difference in the server and data centre versions of plugins. They have to satisfy a level of performance testing to be listed as data centre compatible e.g. work in high performance multi node mode.

Mengmeng Yu September 21, 2022

Hi Tom,

thx for your reply.

my issue is I failed to enable this plugin

Capture.PNG

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Mengmeng Yu 

There are a number of things I would try to resolve this.

First check the log files as suggested in the error message. This could show you the cause. (Although error messages in the Jira logs can be obtuse!)

It is showing as unlicensed. I would click the Free Trial button and get a s 30 day trial key.

If those fail, uninstall and re-install a free trial from the market place.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I already tried as you suggested,  to un-install and re-install with trial key. but error still.

may I know where is the error log. 

I tired to find from catalina.out of Jira , but no related info. 

Tom Lister
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

Hi @Mengmeng Yu 

You should check the atlassian-jira.log file.  

There is no specific log file for errors

see https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/useful-log-files-in-jira-1027120387.html

Also try updating Jira Cloud Migration Assistant to the latest version

re https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/after-upgrading-jira-to-8-20-x-cannot-enable-proforma-1142437122.html

Suggest an answer