plugii modification

mehran haghani July 30, 2013

Hi,

how can i modify look and feel of a plugin ? i want to apply some styles like "text-align:right" to them

thanks

3 answers

0 votes
mehran haghani August 2, 2013

Hi

i want to change text align in jira show saved filter plugin , i unpack it but there isn't any css file or vm file for the table that it shows, how can i change text align in this plugin?

0 votes
Remigiusz Jackowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2013

If you want to change CSS, you can use plugin for your webbrowser (i.e. Stylish, Greasemonkey). It won't break things, can be used with OnDemand. But it will only work on your computer.

You could also unpack plugin's jar file and change css file. Just change jar extension to zip and find css file (usually in css directory). Still, after updating plugin, you will lose your styles.

You could also create your own plugin that only adds custom css to JIRA. It's rather hard for average JIRA admin, but if you can create plugins for JIRA, it's easy. Check https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Resource+Plugin+Module Use "jira.global" context to include your css on every standard JIRA page.

I advice you to browser plugin.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2013

Depends on the plugin. Most, if not all of them, you'll have to take apart and recompile with changed styles.

Suggest an answer