permission issue in jira service desk

nidhi sharma April 22, 2015

Hi Team,

I am having some issue in setting permission for my projects in JIRA service desk.

I have 3 service desk projects, if I want to give permission of one service desk project to user of another project how can I give?

I have not added users to service desk team. If I am adding them to service desk team, they are able to edit and update other details also for other project, but my requirement is user of one project should be able to browse service desk of another projects and should be able to add comments in them.

Thanks,
Regards,
Nidhi

2 answers

1 vote
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

Hey Nidhi,

Then use the project role  Service Desk Collaborator ?
They can only browse and add comments - but not edit fields or even status.
(remind comments of Collaborators are just internal and not for the customer)

Service Desk comes with 3 Roles / Permissions at all.

Agents - Can do everything in JSD
Collaborators - Can Comment internal, browse projects and move issues but cannot see the service desk portal which is restricted to agents
Customers - Can access the customer portal and comment from external - don't need JIRA licence

Greets
Simon 

0 votes
nidhi sharma April 23, 2015

Hi Simon,

thanks for the response.

in my service desk I have one user as agent who can see and edit all the details of that service desk.

I have another user as collaborator, when I login with that collaborator account , he is not able to see that service desk. He should be able to see the desk and add comments browse and move issues according to you.

it is not working. how can I make agent of another service desk project to be able to view another service desks and see its issues ?

Thanks,

Nidhi

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

Ah - You mean the agent view of Service Desk - Queues and stuff ... no that doesn't work. The user can see the issues if it's not especially forbidden due to his permissions. This view of service desk is restricted to agents - and only to them. :(

nidhi sharma April 23, 2015

Hi Simon, ok. that's fine, If I add agents to the service desk team then all agents of another desk are also able to edit every details of issue, I want to restrict it that any other agent of another service desk should only be able to view issue of another desk and add comments in it. how can we do it?

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2015

Hi nidhi, this isn't possible :( there are the 3 roles of SD and you can't change this ...sorry

Suggest an answer