parse description/summary update custom field

tesieU December 20, 2016

I am new to groovy, so I need some guidance:

1.) I'm trying to write a listener that executes on ticket creation with the following variables:

def issueManager = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager()
def currentIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject("TestProject-1")

the rest of my codes works when currentIssue is static, like above with the ticket number as the string ("TestProject-1").  How can I get the key of the issue that triggered my listener...... event.issue.getKey() and event.issue.getID() did not work.

2.) How can I extract the summary of a ticket?  I would eventually like to do some regex, searching not modifying. but I am not sure what classes I need, and methods to use, maybe currentIssue.summary()?

2 answers

1 vote
Jonny Carter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2016

I think you just need to do

event.issue.key

The issue navigation property is really just calling the getIssue method on the IssueEvent object. Likewise getKey on the issue object should get you the key.

Take a look at the other methods on the Issue class's JavaDoc. .getSummary() (which Groovy lets you abbreviate to just .summary) should get you the summary.

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2016

Take a look at the example at https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.5/jira/listeners.html#_custom_listener_example

Try

def mIssue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject(event.issue.getId())

def key = mIssue.key

Suggest an answer