parametered dashboards and filters

Stephane Renou August 7, 2012

Hello,

I have some dashboards that reports activity on a specific release and each time we create a new release I need to clone that dashboard and then tune it for each filters to recreate those so that they map to the correct release.

Is there any way to automate that? I was thinking for example of a parameter in the dashboard that I could reuse in each filter?

1 answer

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

In order to help that there are some helper functions available in JQL.

In addition our awesome Jobin has written this plugin which gives you more. This helps you to make the filters generic and the Dashboards will automatically have the latest data as per version which are released.

http://www.j-tricks.com/jqlt-version-functions.html

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2012

lol. You earned my up-vote ;)

Stephane Renou November 20, 2012

Sorry I am not sure this would cover my need. Basically we have multiple releases being worked on, let's say a v1.5(hot fix), a V2 (medium term) and a V3 (long term) and I would like to have a dashboard for each. As of today, I need to recreate all my queries for each case which I would have like to avoid. It seems that the above trick would allow me to track previous version, and the one to come but not something to come in 2 releases?

Suggest an answer