Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

ow do I update the reporter to someone outside of my organisation

Hi everyone

We're looking at Jira Service Management with the hopes of implementing the service desk into our organisation. There will be a learning curve to this from our clients as currently they email myself or a member of the team direct. We have some habit changes to make along the way but don't wish for this to stop us from progressing.

If we forward their email to the service desk the Reporter field will show as either the agent that has sent the email or as Anonymous. We want to be able to update the Reporter field to the client's email address, just as it would show if the client had sent the email to the service desk themselves.

Screenshot 2021-06-07 at 13.48.26.png

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Kathryn

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Kathryn Westwood ,

You should be able to change it but the customer does need to exist first. So you'll have to add the person as a customer on the project and then (if you have the permissions to change the reporter) you can switch to that customer.

Here you can find some documentation on how to manage customers

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/add-and-remove-customers/

https://support.atlassian.com/user-management/docs/manage-jira-service-management-customer-accounts/

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans 

This is great! Thank you. I'm assuming that if I don't want to invite the customer to user the portal (we aren't planning on utilising this feature, purely an email address at the moment) I can disable the email in the project settings and they won't be notified but I can still put them as the reporter?

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jun 07, 2021

Well yes, under the project settings you'll have a "customer notifications" menu.

There you can disable the mail that gets sent out when you "invite a customer"

image.png

That should block the mail for the invite.

Keep in mind that if they do get a link to the portal, they can sign up themselves and they will see their issues. Unless you really block the browse project permissions for the "portal access role".

but if just the mail now, this should do it :)

Might be best to try it with a personal email account first to be sure :)

Have done a test by disabling the notification and it's worked.

Thank you! This has helped massively :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you