overriding permissions in transitions

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 4, 2012

using the workflow transitions it is possible to disable commenting on an issue in certain statuses.
ie by putting jira.permission.comment.user = denied ...

Check the j-tricks blog on this subject

The disadvantage is that if the user wants to progress the issue to another status he/she will not be able to provide a comment (because the permission has been disabled)

Putting a transition specific permission (in the transition properties) doesn't do anything.

Any idea's how to fix this

5 answers

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2013

you can try with Javascript,

add the following script in any field description on field configuraion of that issue type which is present on that transition by changing transition name on which you want hide the comment box

<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready( function($) {
JIRA.bind(JIRA.Events.NEW_CONTENT_ADDED, function(e,context) {
    callCommentHideFunction();
}); 
callCommentHideFunction();
function callCommentHideFunction(){
    if($('#issue-workflow-transition-submit').val() =='working'){
        $(".wiki-edit").hide();     $("label[for='comment']").hide();
    }
}
});

</script>

0 votes
Florian Patzl July 1, 2013

No, but thank you for your quick response.

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 1, 2013

Hello Florian,

We ended up allowing commenting, and autotransitioning the issue if a comment is provided. I guess this is no help for your case.

0 votes
Florian Patzl July 1, 2013

Hi Francis, did you find a solution to this issue? I'm having a similar problem, just concerning the 'assignee' field in my case. I'd like to prevent manual editing of the field in one workflow state but allow changing the assignee during a workflow transition.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2012

You can't override what is on status with transition level properties. Can't think of a way to handle this!

Maybe try adding a custom field in the transition screen and copy its contents as comments in th post function or something!

Suggest an answer