original estimate in jira

Susant Prusty February 23, 2016

When we enable the time tracking in Jira, I guess original estimate field comes up by default as JIRA field.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Here can I customize that field so that the original estimate field will be mandatory and I want to put a condition that the value should be greater than Zero.

Thank you

Regards,

Susant

1 answer

0 votes
Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2016

You can add a workflow condition. With Value Field condition you can make it mandatory to be greater than zero.

Susant Prusty February 24, 2016

Thank you Cakmak.

But is it allowed to put condition of the JIRA fields ?

Do you have any links ?

Regards,

Susant

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2016

Yes you can put value field condition on the fields. But you should do it in the workflow. You should put the value field condition on the transition where you need the custom field to be mandatory. 

You need JIRA Suite Utilities Plugin for this.

https://jsutil.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSUTIL/JIRA+Suite+Utilities+Workflow+Conditions

For example:

Selection_008.png

Susant Prusty February 24, 2016

Thank you so much for your time.

I will check this in detail and come back if I have any issues.

Thanks again

Regards,

Susant

Elifcan Cakmak
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2016

you're welcom, glad to help.

Suggest an answer