org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException in Jira 4.4.5

Harish September 19, 2012

Hi Team,

I am facing the org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException in Jira 4.4.5

When a user tries to Withdraw a defect ( Withdraw is one of the Workflow transitions after creating a defect). then the below error message is thrown:

org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException ( SQL Exception while executing the following ; INSERT INTO changegroup ( ID, issueid, Author, Created) values ( ?,?,?,? ) ( ORA-01400 : Cannot insert NULL into ('JIRADB,"CHANGEGROUP","ID")))

Please let me know how to resolve this error.

Thanks,

harish.

2 answers

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2013

Hi Harish,

I have noticed this question far too late, from what I can understand from the logs, the reason behind this error is:

ORA-01400 : Cannot insert NULL into ('JIRADB,"CHANGEGROUP","ID")

Which means during the action, it attempts to insert NULL value into a column that restricts NULL therefore it return this error.

It could be due to various reason behind this, and for database related problem, you could write in to support.atlassian.com and our support team will be there to assist you troubleshoot further what could have caused this.

If you have managed to find a solution to this, please do share your resolution so that the community can benifit from there :) Cheers :)

0 votes
Harish September 23, 2012

Hi Team,

Any update on this! ?

Suggest an answer