option to make time tracking/logging work required?

David Witherspoon March 6, 2012

Updating my earlier post in hopes of a reply

When we first started on JIRA a few months ago we configured it to not allow issues to be resolved/closed without having time logged to them. We tested it, it worked. My co-admin and I SWEAR this was a checkbox that we can no longer find. We are in Jira 5 with Tempo 7 and Greenhopper 5.9

Now we can resolve and close issues without time logged. I saw documentation for changing the validators in the workflow to "Time Spent must be changed during this transition" but that isn't working. Anyone else have this problem or a solution?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2012

Maybe you can try to add a condition to the transition that resolves the issue. There's an option called 'Value Field' where you can select that the worked time != null. Have you already tried this?

laurence bascle June 12, 2013

where do you see the 'value field' condition? i am in screen/add condition to transition and i have 10 options none of which are value field?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013
Deleted user October 18, 2017

This is no longer free

Khushru Doctor August 26, 2018

Need to add validation for this filed instead of condition.

1 vote
David Witherspoon March 26, 2012

Decided it best to make log work required on two screen types and this seems to be working well. Thanks

Suggest an answer