ondemand - jira - application link

We have a JIRA 'behind the firewall'. Some project information needs to be shared with external parties, and we thought using atlassian ondemand jira to track that information, and remote linking to link issues on our internal server with the issues on the hosted jira.

Apparently - application linking is not enabled on ondemand - is this correct ?

Francis

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Francis,

I'm sorry to say that it isn't possible to connect external applications to OnDemand instances, so you wouldn't be able to connect a 'behind the firewall' instance to an AOD instance at this moment because configuring Trusted Applications is a restricted function in AOD at this time: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

All the best,
John

Using basic authentication allows you to create remote links but only in the context of the user which is used to authenticate the application link, which is not what we want.

Ondemand is therefore no option anymore, and Atlassian is phasing out enterprise hosting, so we will have to look elsewhere.

grmbl

Hi Francis,

You're correct. Configuring application links is one of the restricted functions of the OnDemand platform.

If you want, you can have a look at the restrictions here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,198 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot