once you close an issue editing is no longer possible.how does jira know the disable editing?

Flavius Nopcea October 2, 2012

Is this done by simply checking the issue status name = 'Closed'? It would be silly in my opinion.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2012

There's a "property" on the step in the workflow that says "issue editing is false". Status doesn't matter.

Flavius Nopcea October 2, 2012

here are the 4 properties that exist on the transition:

wich of them tells me that editting is not possible?

opsbar-sequence 60
jira.i18n.submit closeissue.close
jira.i18n.title closeissue.title
commit.command.mapping

close

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2012

Not the properties on the transition - the properties on the step. A transition is an action, and a step is a state, description or attribute if you like.

It's not useful to try to say "on transition disallow edit" because a transition lasts a fraction of a second and by it's nature is an edit in itself anyway. It IS useful to say "when issue has this attribute, disallow edit"

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

Please check this article, it explains the steps.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Allow+editing+of+Closed+Issues

0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2012

Hello Flavius.

Yes, Jira disables the editing when the issue status is turned to "Closed".

I could create an Improvement Request if you want to, so let me know about it.

Best Regards.

Suggest an answer