on hold status

random question December 18, 2019

HI,

i have a big workflow - how would i go about adding an on hold status that any state can transition to and then transition back to old state. without any plugins please. 

2 answers

0 votes
Pooja N July 1, 2021

do we have any easier solution to this problem now? I am facing the same issue.

0 votes
Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Hello @random question 

To make a status have a global transition is quite simple. Just go to your workflow and edit it. Click on the status and "Allow all statusen to transition to this one" and you are set.

The second part, to transition back to where it came from is a bit tricker and I don't think there's a solution without any plugins. My solution to this problem is to have a custom field thats updated when the isuse is transitioned to the on hold status to hold the name of the old status. Then you just create an automation/condition to make that the only available transition. 

None of this however is possible without the use of any addons or plugins. 

Best regards,

Alexander

random question December 18, 2019

thats unfortunate, my only work around is to have status for each status to go back to and from on hold then

Alexander Ling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2019

Yes unfortunately thats the only solution I can even think of right now.

Suggest an answer