old sprint still appears

Rajasekhar Maddela May 26, 2019

Hello All,

Sorry if this was already discussed earlier. On a project I inherited, I'm still seeing old(completed & obsolete) sprints in the backlog view. I would like to be able to delete the one's that are obsolete & remove the one's that are complete, so they don't appear in the backlog view but still be available for search. Any inputs appreciated

Regards,

Raj

JIRA_old_sprint_error.png

2 answers

0 votes
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2020

This looks to me like a problem with the old sprints - either they didn't get Completed, or there are open issues in them,  By default, completed sprints do not appear in backlog view regardless of your filter.

jhuddles November 10, 2020

Hi John-I have an old Sprint that has been closed, but I discovered there are a multitude of sub-tasks not completed. I take it I have to close as done every sub-task in the Sprint to have it removed from my board, correct?

Thanks...Jeff

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2019

Hello @Rajasekhar Maddela 

I won't advise you to delete a sprint if you still want it to be available via the JQL search.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0712/deleting-a-sprint-959314980.html

You can change the board filter to show only active and future sprint and hence all the old sprints will no longer appear on the board.

Board is just a view on the issues being fetched by the JQL filter so if your JQL filter it fetching issues from old sprint then that's why the obsolete sprints are visible on your board thus it's important to do a bit of cleanup of issues and move them to the right sprint and then fetch only issues belonging to open/future sprints.

Rajasekhar Maddela May 27, 2019

Hi @Tarun Sapra 

Thanks. Like you said, I don't prefer to delete either but how do I amend the filter so only the active sprints appear in the backlog.

Regards,

Raj

Suggest an answer