notify user about creating issue from e-mail handler

Silver Salonen February 25, 2014

As a follow-up to 169367, I think that user should receive a notification when his e-mail is converted into issue.

Can it be achieved somehow without turning on notifications about "My Changes"?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2014

Hi Silver,

I think the best solution for you would be to use the JIRA Enterprise Message Handler plugin, (JEMH), which would allow you to tailor notifications and also send notifications to non-JIRA users who create issues in the application via email, so I'd recommend you give it a go and see whether it fits your needs or not: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

All the best,
John

0 votes
Silver Salonen February 26, 2014

There's no any built-in solution? Some custom workflow for instance?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

There is the ISSUE_CREATED event which fires when issues are created, but your JIRA users may have opted out of telling them what they just did (gets old quickly). If you want to add a postfunction to the ISSUE_CREATED event you could probably script something, see script runner.

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 26, 2014

JEMH has two approaches to notification of issue creation, your description seems to match the simpler JEMH Configuration approach, for non-JIRA users, this means they can get a 'thanks, we got it' message, and hear nothing more. You can optionally use both approaches, enabling say the ISSUE_RESOLVED event to let them know you're done.

Suggest an answer