notify user about creating issue from e-mail handler

As a follow-up to 169367, I think that user should receive a notification when his e-mail is converted into issue.

Can it be achieved somehow without turning on notifications about "My Changes"?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Accepted answer

Hi Silver,

I think the best solution for you would be to use the JIRA Enterprise Message Handler plugin, (JEMH), which would allow you to tailor notifications and also send notifications to non-JIRA users who create issues in the application via email, so I'd recommend you give it a go and see whether it fits your needs or not: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

All the best,
John

JEMH has two approaches to notification of issue creation, your description seems to match the simpler JEMH Configuration approach, for non-JIRA users, this means they can get a 'thanks, we got it' message, and hear nothing more. You can optionally use both approaches, enabling say the ISSUE_RESOLVED event to let them know you're done.

There's no any built-in solution? Some custom workflow for instance?

There is the ISSUE_CREATED event which fires when issues are created, but your JIRA users may have opted out of telling them what they just did (gets old quickly). If you want to add a postfunction to the ISSUE_CREATED event you could probably script something, see script runner.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,417 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you