notify new assignee not receiving email

bas September 18, 2019

Hello,

When i change the assignee the new assignee not receiving an email. Only the previous assignee.

What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
bas October 16, 2019

After updating Jira from 7.1 to 8.4.2 the problem is resolved!

0 votes
bas September 23, 2019

Is there another solution to email the new assignee?

Thank you

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2019

In the notification scheme is the current assignee being notified for issue assigned event? 

bas October 2, 2019

Yes the current assignee gets an email but not the new assignee.

jira2.JPG

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2019

Are you using the assign to button or changing it in a transition screen or the edit screen? Only the first one triggers the function to send to the new assignee. The last two trigger the edit issue function. 

bas September 18, 2019

assign jira.JPGI'm using the assign button.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2019

Check the notification scheme has the role or group the user is in listed for the Issue Assigned notification. 

bas October 2, 2019

Thanks! I had to add the Group to the notification :)

bas October 2, 2019

Oops, no i doen't work.

Now when i change the assignee, everyone in that group is getting the email. That is not good. Only the new assignee needs to get the email.

Suggest an answer