notification scheme vs issue security scheme

Shamith Shankar March 20, 2015

I am facing one weird issue and trying to get answers from you. 

I have put issue security scheme for a project and issue security level are for example take 1.default and 2.secured.

I updated workflow to set issue security to secured using post functions which worked.

but notifications are sent to people who doenst come under that security because of notification scheme.

However those users wont get notified from there on. Its only happening for create event. I have checked for the order of postfunction. 1. create issue. 2. set security level. 3. re-index. 4. fire created event. 

Please help me in finding out what am i missing ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2015

>I updated workflow to set issue security to secured using post functions which worked

I suspect this is the problem.  The post-function is writing the security level to the issue after the information on who to notify has been generated from the issue.  I know it seems like you have the functions in the right order, but the create process is different to other transitions, and doesn't quite work like that - the event is working off the created issue, not the data you post onto it after it's created.

0 votes
Shamith Shankar March 20, 2015

yes. It would  have taken from the workflow of  whom all it should notify. Thanks a lot Nic. I can create a different event to configure whom i should notify for specific issue type to avoid the security breach.
By the way i assume there is no other way to configure security level or notifications scheme based on issuetypes.

PS: I love the support available for JIRA , within a day i get the answers.

Suggest an answer