notification on tag

Alexey July 7, 2014

Hi, when creating a specific issues, it has a tag. I need to create notification for a user, only if an issue has the tag. if it possible? Not group notifications on project, only issue with particular type and tag.

Thanks.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey July 13, 2014

Thank you,

I've configured e-mail notifications through filter subscription with schedule.

First I created filter on tag and specific status.

Second, Issuees -> Manage Filters -> added subscription -> configured schedule.

It works well.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2014

Right, .. that was the solution that I was having in mind. I am happy that is working for you.

Best Regards,

Mirek

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2014

Hi,

You will not be able to use the post-function or a listener like Nic suggested but maybe the solution for you is to use Filter Subscriptions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

Just build your JQL to match issues that are having the tag and set up the time when you want to recive a report on your email. Send it only where there are issues.

This might be a workaround for you if this works on OnDemand JIRA without any issues.

Best Regards,

Mirek

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2014

I'm assuming you mean Jira here?

Jira notifications are handled at a project level, not issue. Whilst they contain issue data, the decision on who to send email to and when does not consider the data on the issue.

So, you'll need to find/write something that will do this outside the normal notification scheme. A post-function or listener to be executed on "create" can read the issues tags and send it to the appropriate people.

Alexey July 7, 2014

Thank you Nic,

yes I mean Jira. But we are using ondemand /gamescale.atlassian.net/, and I'm not sure we it possible to use or post-function either listener in our case.

Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 7, 2014

Oh. Well, I think you're stuck then. You can't upload the required addons to do this sort of thing.

Suggest an answer