notification and custom field

guis January 29, 2013

Hello,

I have a problem. I have a custom field email. The user create a issue, he indicate his email via the custom field. I would like that JIRA sends a notification to the email address which is specified in the custom field email. How to make the notification is sent to this email?

Best regard,

Guis

8 answers

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013
Sameera Shaakunthala [inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Good suggestion.

Add a text (< 255) custom field. Try to retrieve it's value into the groovy script (do some RND). Send the email to that email address using the script upon the create transition.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Yes, that's the way.

guis January 29, 2013

Thank you for the answer. I have add the post script function and I use the script "send a custom email". But I indicate in the field "To issue fields" my custom field mail, a notification is send but the
notification is not sent to the person indicate in the custom field.

Why?

guis January 31, 2013

How to retrieve the value a custom field with a script groovy? What is a method?

0 votes
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2016

Use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.vacom.jirassimo/server/overview 

to achieve that. Destination can be dynamic and based on the content of your JIRA issue.

0 votes
Baris Guner June 2, 2013

Hi Guis,

I am not sure if you have already solved this problem but at leat for others who stumble upon this check out this :

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/45722/how-to-use-a-custom-user-picker-field-in-to-issue-fields-when-sending-a-custom-mail-with-script-runner

To find out ID values of your custom fields :

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/102822/how-can-i-find-the-id-of-a-custom-field-in-jira-5

Finally the free plugin you need :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Baris

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Didn't think of anonymous access. :)

In this case you will have to look for a custom field plugin. May be you will be able to develop a plugin, which takes an e-mail address as its input and emails the entire issue to that email address.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

if you don't wanna code your own...

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.metainf.jira.plugin.emailissue

will send mails to non-jira users

guis January 29, 2013

Thank you but the plugin is paid.

0 votes
guis January 29, 2013

Because the user don't have a account!

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Why don't you send the notification to the user's email address specified in his user account?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Can you add it in the notification scheme for create issue event to send notification from the value picked up from the user-picker custom field?

Note: You may have to configure your custom field as user-picker type

Rahul

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013
guis January 29, 2013

Thank you! But the user don't have account JIRA therefor I can't to use the user-picker custom field. How can I send a notification using a text custom field?
The field contains the email address.

Guis

Suggest an answer