not able to paste in comment section , jira directly moves them to attachments.

siva October 9, 2018

not able to paste any screeenshots or copied screen from snipping tool.

jira directly adding the paste section to attachments

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2018

Are you using Jira Cloud or Jira Server? 

If Jira Server, what version of Jira are you using?

In my testing of both current Jira Cloud and Jira Server 7.12.1, I am able to paste an image in my clipboard into the comment section of an issue.  In Server, it appears inline immediately.  In Cloud, I am prompted to use attach screenshot tool to upload the image, but immediately after doing so, my comment has the wiki-markup to display that image.

On both platforms it does require that an image be added as an attachment to the issue, but these issues can still display these images in the comments. 

Is that a problem in your environment?   I'm not sure I fully understand why this would be an issue.  Could you explain in some more detail how this poses a problem?

Thanks

Andy

siva October 10, 2018

thanks for the reply, 

when i copy any screenshot, it doesnt appear in the comments, just goes to attachments.

i have figured it out, just changed the modes in comment section.

Deb Grover March 11, 2019

I too find this frustrating e.g. I may have added a comment to our customer in the comments box but can't paste in the screenshot from Snagit at that point. It directs me straight to attachments so the comment is then lost. However you can paste an image into a comment in atlassian confluence. Would be good to be able to do this in jira too.

Lakhan Divraniya May 6, 2021

i am also having the same issue,...

Is there any fix, please???

Suggest an answer