not able to clone the issue jira 4

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

when i try to clone the issue it throws attached error

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2014

The error is pretty clear - Jira needs to create tables for Active Objects, and the database account you have configured it with does not have the required rights to create the tables in the database.

Correct the permissions in the database and try it again.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2014

Earlier it was working without any issue and we have not changed anything.

Do I have to check permission for jira user?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2014

I'd say something has changed in the datbase permissions, OR you've started using a function that uses active objects that you weren't using before.

You really should grant the Jira user "create table" rights in the database and try it again.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2014

Thanks Nic. It worked flawless.

Someone has removed that permission from database.

0 votes
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

I can't check that far back -- sorry. Hopefully someone from Atlassian can help.

0 votes
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

What version of Jira are you running now?

This issue that you are cloning was created/lasted updated when you were running Jira 4.x?

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

jira version4.4.4

0 votes
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

Then it is probably a Permission Schemes setting.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

I'm jira admnistrator and that group is present in all the permission.

I looked into create issue and link issue as well

0 votes
Brent Webster
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

The big issue with using Jira Clone command, is the old issue being cloned must fully align with the current workflow and field schema. If the workflow was physically change (statuses removed or added) or fields were removed or added since the old issue was created then the clone will failed. As well, I believe this is your situation, if you are trying to clone an issue that you didn't initially report then it will fail as well. It all depends on how open your Jira permissions scheme is setup for.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

I tried with fresh issue. I create one new issue and tried to clone it however same error

Suggest an answer