not able to clone the issue jira 4

when i try to clone the issue it throws attached error

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

The error is pretty clear - Jira needs to create tables for Active Objects, and the database account you have configured it with does not have the required rights to create the tables in the database.

Correct the permissions in the database and try it again.

Earlier it was working without any issue and we have not changed anything.

Do I have to check permission for jira user?

I'd say something has changed in the datbase permissions, OR you've started using a function that uses active objects that you weren't using before.

You really should grant the Jira user "create table" rights in the database and try it again.

Thanks Nic. It worked flawless.

Someone has removed that permission from database.

The big issue with using Jira Clone command, is the old issue being cloned must fully align with the current workflow and field schema. If the workflow was physically change (statuses removed or added) or fields were removed or added since the old issue was created then the clone will failed. As well, I believe this is your situation, if you are trying to clone an issue that you didn't initially report then it will fail as well. It all depends on how open your Jira permissions scheme is setup for.

I tried with fresh issue. I create one new issue and tried to clone it however same error

Then it is probably a Permission Schemes setting.

I'm jira admnistrator and that group is present in all the permission.

I looked into create issue and link issue as well

What version of Jira are you running now?

This issue that you are cloning was created/lasted updated when you were running Jira 4.x?

jira version4.4.4

I can't check that far back -- sorry. Hopefully someone from Atlassian can help.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

232 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you