non-admins search for users

Brian Chabot September 29, 2017

Is there a way for non-admins to search for users in our internal directory and our external directory? We would like a certain group to be able to find user accounts to locate full names and usernames. This group should be able to do this, and not any other admin related tasks.

Thank you,

Brian

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2017

If you would like them to use the user management tool in the admin section they must have the JIRA admin role.  

If a user is part of a project then users that have the Global permission Browse users can see user information by clicking on the user on a JIRA issue.  You could always create a project that has jira-users associated with it, lock it down with a new permission scheme and give your select users access to that to find this information.  Not the best solution though.

There might be a plugin in the market place but I do not know of one off hand. 

Brian Chabot September 29, 2017

Brant,

Thank you for the quick reply. The suggestion is okay, but no ideal. I'll review some plugins and see what comes up. Or maybe I'll develop one :)

Suggest an answer