no option to connect dvcs repo in project administration

Suraj Rathod June 6, 2013

Hi,

As explained in the documentation, I have succesfully configured JIRA and Bitbucket OAuth and am able to see the list of the repos with smart commits enabled from "DVCS accounts" menu option. However I can not see any option in project administration to link my bitbucket repo with the project. All I see is the option for svn repos. If you observe following tutorial : http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/02/connect-source-jira-issues-dvcs-bitbucket-github/ , it clearly displays the option to connect your dvcs repo in administration menu where as no such option I am able to find/enable. Can you suggest what I am missing in this setup?

Thanks

3 answers

0 votes
Suraj Rathod July 4, 2013

Update : For commits to appear in JIRA (mapped with Project and Issues) we need to follow pattern described in this : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Processing+JIRA+issues+with+commit+messages

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2013

Hi Suraj,

The feature is no longer there since recently we have remove the neccessity in mapping project to repository. From my test it has been remove in JIRA 5.2

-Janet

Suraj Rathod June 11, 2013

Hi Janet,

Thanks for the reply but then how we are going to trace the commits of related project repository code from JIRA? I am not getting how to link and display happenings of project with repository commits in JIRA. I am in the situation where I actually can not say if JIRA and bitbucket are linked as JIRA not showing what is happening with the code. Can you educate me more in this?

Thanks

-Suraj.

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2013

Hi Suraj,
The information in the blog you have linked to is from early 2012, and probably depending on which version of JIRA you are using, not accurate (anymore). Please have a look at this and this page for more information regarding this functionality.

Suggest an answer