no language packs found

Christa Mabee September 17, 2012

While attempting to change the label on the "Priority" field as per these instructions (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA051/How+to+Rename+the+%27Priority%27+Field+in+the+Issue+Navigator) I discovered that my installation has no jars with a name containing "jira-lang". I did a search on the entire installation directory, and there just aren't any, not even jira-lang-default.jar.

This is Jira 5.0. Why aren't there any language packs at all... how is it even working without any?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

Check out under JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled_plugins folder

It comes from the atlassian bundled plugins zip under WEB-INF/classes.

Thanks Jobin. I found atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip, and it does have the language jars inside of it, but there isn't any .bundled_plugins folder in my installation either.

Do you know if I'm supposed to just extract these packs to the WEB-INF/libs directory manually?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

It is a hidden folder. What you need to do is to modify the jars inside the zip. Those jars will be exploded at startup.

Oh! I understand now. Thank you.

1 vote

Suggest an answer