newly created task is "not visible". How to make it visible?

shob August 27, 2021

I created a task, and assigned it to the person who will implement, but I get the message that the task is not visible.

First question, what does this mean exactly? Presumably it means either:

1) assigned user does not "see" it as a task, so it will never be done.

2) its not on the kanban board, so none except the assigned user sees it.

Looking at the kanban board, there doesnt seem to be any way to add a ticket to it. Looking at the ticket, there is no obvious way to assign it to the board (there is no sprint drop down or similar).

I would have assumed that the kanban board also show the backlog, so you can drag and drop tickets, but it doesnt. 

I do see the ticket in the backlog, so it is semi-visible.  I cant see a way to get a ticket from the backlog into the board.  Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

Depending on where you saw this message and under what circumstances my suspicion is that it’s related to your board’s filter. Meaning, you created an issue that will not be exposed on your board because your board’s filter excludes that issue based on the criteria defined within your filter. For example, let’s say you’re board filter did not include a certain issue type and in fact you created an issue of that issue type. That issue will not show on your board obviously.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2021

Hi @shob 

Yes, and...to what Jack notes: Are you using a company-managed project or a team-managed project?

For a company-managed project:

• If you see the issue in the backlog and not on the board, it is likely not in a status mapped to the board.  For example, "To Do".
  • If instead...you see the issue in the backlog, and it is in the status for the left-most column of your board, please check your board's "Kanban sub-filter" setting to see if that is excluding the issue.

Best regards,
Bill

Brenda Xuereb April 16, 2024

@Bill Sheboy @Jack Brickey - What about for team managed projects ? I know this thread has been inactive for some time but I ran into the same issue with team managed project 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

Hi @Brenda Xuereb , can you elaborate on your exact scenario? 

Like Brenda Xuereb likes this
Brenda Xuereb April 16, 2024

Ofcourse @Jack Brickey - thanks for getting back to me. So I have a team managed project in which a user has stated that when specific tickets are being created they do not show on the board (not all tasks). Two tests where created (under the same issue type) which do not show in the board. 

Other tasks with the same issue type shows, so I am not able to detect any pattern of what is causing this issue. Not sure if this is enough information to go on. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2024

Interesting. So are you performing the tests yourself and controlling all variables (same issue type, same fields entered, same browser, etc.)? Where are issues created from - Create button at top or inside board? Do the issues show in backlog?

Suggest an answer