new method for creating users

Ahmed Alghamdi June 29, 2017

Hello there,

looks like JIRA is introducing new changes to their registration process and users counts. anyway, now when i add a new user it asks for their email only. this sucks as after i create the user I see their name appears as their full email, not cool. and i can't seem to edit their full name to change the displayed email in the full name field 

cheers

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2017

Hi Ahmed,

That is correct that there were changes to the identifcation platform and the issue of the name can be resolved on the users end.  They can choose how they are displayed upon logging in as well as when they go to their profile they will find a link to change personal details on the id.atlassian.com site.

You can change the accounts to managed accounts through domain verification.

You can find out more about those changes in Administer Atlassian accounts and Invite, edit, and remove users.

Cheers,

Branden

Ahmed Alghamdi July 2, 2017

When i clicked on the last link in your comment, under step 2, i see the user creation with both nickname option and full name. both of them are no longer shown in the new changes! but according to you, the invitees are able to create their own nickname/full name eh?

appreciate your help

Suggest an answer