nFeed - Assign issue to a user stored in nFeed user field

Florian B April 10, 2019

Hello everyone,

following scenario:

In my issue creating screen I have 5 nFeed custom fields (3 standard and 2 user fields). My datasource is a XML file accessed by URL.
The first nFeed custom field shows a single select list, the second does also, depending on the selection of the first. The third field shows a read-only description, depending on the selection of the second list - so far so good.

The last two nFeed fields are user fields. The XML file includes the (Jira-)username (column 2) and the full name (column 3 - just for your information). The user fields are populated depending on the selection of the second above named list. So the usernames were found in the XML (user field setting: key = 2) and displayed using the full name (user field setting: Template = {3}). Creating the issue works and both user fields are filled with the correct names - so far I'm happy and everything seems to do what I expect.

In the following transition of the workflow the issue has to be (auto-)assigned to on of the user stored in one of my nFeed user fields. I checked the nFeed post functions, but nothing seems to meet this request. Copying a key or a display to another field only works with the standard nFeed field, not with the user fields. So I have to take the "out of the box" post function "Assign from field" - and now my problem begins :)

Doing this I get an error message in the transition: "User from "XXX" custom field does not exist."

Also when I create an issue using only the usernames (and not displaying the full names) doesn't resolve this problem.

My question now is: How can I assign an issue in Jira to an user populated in a nFeed custom user field?

Thanks in advance and kind regards
Florian

Additional information: When I change my XML and fill it with usernames that definitively not exist, I get another error message when I try to create an issue (Username XXX not found.

With correct and existing usernames I am able to create the issue at least. So during this creation nFeed seems to find those usernames, my problem just begins when I want to change the assignee.

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Esteves May 16, 2019

Hi Community,

FYI, this ticket has been handled directly in our support platform: https://support.elements-apps.com/portal

Feel free to contact us for any request. ;)

Kind regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events