multiple versions appearing on dashboard

Scott Federman November 7, 2018

I have a two dimensional dashboard gadget which looks at the number of issues in a release and the status they are in. The filter for this reaches across multiple projects. We are using the cross project release functionality provided with portfolio. When you look at this gadget you still see multiple instances of the same release. How do i get the dashboard to consolidate the repetitive versions to appear under one version. 

Example: I created a cross project release "10.5.0" So portfolio created 10.5.0 in each of the 5 associated projects. But now when i look at my dashboard i see 5 versions of 10.5.0.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 7, 2018

The "cross project release" works by creating separate versions with the same name - one version per project.  That's what you're seeing on the gadget.  There's no way to see them as one (without code), because they're separate.

Scott Federman November 8, 2018

well thats a bummer. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2018

Yeah, the "workaround" in Portfolio is not ideal, it just automates some stuff which is not a real fix for the lack of shared components.

Suggest an answer