multiple email notifications for one action

paul vinter November 24, 2013

Hello.

In our current workflow when adding an attachment and adding a comment regards that attachment we are finding that the system is sending out 2 notification emails, one for the comment and one for the attachment, even though this is in effect one action (the transition action button, in our case 'send draft' is pressed once when the attachment has been identified and a comment written to support that attachment).

I would have expected one email to be sent out.

Any pointers?

Thank you

Paul

2 answers

0 votes
paul vinter November 24, 2013

I think we have found the issue. For our project we created a webpage which allowed users outside of our system (authors) to update an issue at certain transitions. It appears to be transitions actioned from this page which create the extra notification email - I will contact the developers and update this incase anyone embarks on the same course in the future.

Thank you.

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2013

Check if the workflow post-function is not configured to fire two notifications. If you are adding the attachment and the comment in the same screen and then clicking on the button, then you should not get two mails and the only reason seem to be that.

Suggest an answer