Katelynn Dworsky January 6, 2015

I am using JIRA Cloud for product management. my workflow is as follows:

open project - define scope

top management that requested the project approves the scope and description

add features to backlog

selected for development

approval from Information Security officer to move project to UAT

UAT

approval from Requester and Information security officer to move project to production

Production

retirement 

We are in a highly regulated industry so we need

1) paper trail of the approvals

2) the exact features/bugs they approve so we can compare a list or report to the TFS report of what our developers created.

(open to just using a list of activity for each project rather than creating a custom report, is that possible?)

3) email notification to the requester and ISO when it is time to move the project to the next stage. the ISO will always be the same person, but the requester will usually be one of 5 people.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

4 answers

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015
0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2015

And for convenience allow the project admins to make all transitions

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2015

For tracking and auditing the person approving should execute the transition. I've used transitions limited to project roles that go back to the same status after displaying a yes/no or approve/reject selection.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 6, 2015

I use a condition on the transitions that are approvals restricting it to only users in the required project role. I restrict all transitions to the current assignee. The ides is if it isn't your issue you shouldn't be transitioning it. The history captures the user executing the transition, Use a post function to copy the user's name into another field and it will be easy to search for issues they approved.

Katelynn Dworsky January 6, 2015

I don't want the ISO or Requester to actually transition the issues; The product manager will be the one doing that, just need a way to show that the ISO and Requester have reviewed the initial creation (scope definition) and then all of the features we have developed before we move that version to UAT. Could I create a form requires them to say yes/no for approval? after that has a "yes", then it can move forward in the development process?

Suggest an answer