moving issues from backlog to sprint very tough in chrome when there are 20+ sprint in that board

We have one project, one board, but 20+ sprints for different modules. The challenge is that assigning issues to sprint from backlog ( right click or drag-n-drop ) is not easy as the sprint name hide behind the browser ( top ) and drag-n-drop - is too much of scrolling to be done. 

Please suggest a way to simplify the assignment when more number of sprint is created in the board. 

Below - post right click ( reduce font size to accommodate all sprint names ), there should be a way to scroll in the right click pop-up when the there are more sprints. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 2.24.09 PM.png

With 100% zoom ( normal ) settings in laptop, some of the sprint name get's hide behind the browser top window.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 2.28.19 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes

I don't think there's much you can do about this.  Planning sprints like that is not really what the system is designed for - normally, you'd have a board for each team or product, so there would only be a small handful of sprints.  I think the best you can do is going to be have several boards with separate sprints.

Thanks Nic Brough for your input. I have created additional board for same project. The sprint created is based on the different components and all sprint is visible in all boards created new ? How can I split existing sprint into multiple boards ? 

I don't understand the first question in there.  The second one is a manual piece of work, you'll need to create new sprints on the boards then move the issues for them into the new sprints.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,467 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you