moving issues from backlog to sprint very tough in chrome when there are 20+ sprint in that board

Cittarasu Thirunavukkarasu November 20, 2016

We have one project, one board, but 20+ sprints for different modules. The challenge is that assigning issues to sprint from backlog ( right click or drag-n-drop ) is not easy as the sprint name hide behind the browser ( top ) and drag-n-drop - is too much of scrolling to be done. 

Please suggest a way to simplify the assignment when more number of sprint is created in the board. 

Below - post right click ( reduce font size to accommodate all sprint names ), there should be a way to scroll in the right click pop-up when the there are more sprints. 

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 2.24.09 PM.png

With 100% zoom ( normal ) settings in laptop, some of the sprint name get's hide behind the browser top window.

Screen Shot 2016-11-21 at 2.28.19 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Cittarasu Thirunavukkarasu November 21, 2016

Thanks Nic Brough for your input. I have created additional board for same project. The sprint created is based on the different components and all sprint is visible in all boards created new ? How can I split existing sprint into multiple boards ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2016

I don't understand the first question in there.  The second one is a manual piece of work, you'll need to create new sprints on the boards then move the issues for them into the new sprints.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2016

I don't think there's much you can do about this.  Planning sprints like that is not really what the system is designed for - normally, you'd have a board for each team or product, so there would only be a small handful of sprints.  I think the best you can do is going to be have several boards with separate sprints.

Suggest an answer