move add-on

SDC Revacom October 30, 2014

Hello Atlassian,

how do I bulk move my installed plugins together with their configurations from one server to another server. One is the production server, one is the staging one with exact the same JIRA installed. All configurations match also.

Thanks and BR

Mathias

1 answer

1 vote
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

You just have to backup the database and restore it to the staging servers database.  The configuration you have setup for the plugins is stored in the database.  I would copy the add ons to the add ons directory of the staging server and restore the database.  All configurations should be copied over when you do that.

Hi Luther, so the key is to copy all add-ons (folder installed-plugins) to the staging server and THEN restore the XML backup? BR Mathias

Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2014

I would actually do a backup of your database and then restore it to the staging server database. If you are using SQL you can just get a SQL backup and restore it to the other SQL DB. Not sure if the XML backup will do it as well, but it might.

I only have XML backup to work with. I will try to test this then. Thanks.

Suggest an answer