modify the subject line in each template

Hi all,

I need to modify the subject-line on each jira-template.
We are using a ITSM-Tool which create/update tickets automatically by mail-in, therefore it is necessary to set the Jira-Ticketnumber at the end of the subject line. How does it work, to edit the subject-line, of each mail-template?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

0 votes

Depending on your version of Jira (this changed somewhere in the 4 range, and I'm not 100% sure it's still valid for 6.2+), go find the file <jira install>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/subject - that contains variables which you can rearrange.

Personally, I wouldn't change it, you can easily break threading in Gmail and other clients, and your ITSM tool should really be looking at the whole subject line for issue-ids, like Jira does with incoming mail

Thanks for your answer Nic.
It is really important, to modify the subject line of all notifications, otherwise our ITSM tool isn t able to match these "new" ID to an existing process.
Can you please give me an example, how to rearrange such an variable?

Just have a look at the file I pointed you to, you don't need an example.

Personally, I'd be seeing if I can fix your ITSM tool to behave in a sane way instead of inflicting it's brokenness on Jira, but I don't know whether it's flexible enough.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,562 views 15 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you