migration of Remedy data to Jira Service Desk

gssumman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2019

I'm currently working on the migration of Remedy data to Jira Service Desk. Do you have any documentation around how to go about this?

3 answers

0 votes
Bala Chettiar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2024

Hi I'm currently working on the migrating Remedy configuration to Jira Service Desk.

Do you have any documentation around how to go about this?

-Accelerators

-Enablers

-Step by Step Project Plan/Implementation Plan

-Reference Architecture and Assets

0 votes
Bernd Gurn August 21, 2023

You should spent the most effort of optimizing your Remedy data in a Report and then export it. Afterwards import in JSM. If you mange to made this successfully please tell me how and which coding you have used. I spent hours on this, tried several variants of modifying the export format in Remedy, modified via Notepad++ to get rid of the non-ASCII characters and tried several import conditions in JSM. Till now i am still not getting my data (in this case for just on issue type and less than 20 tickets) imported successfully in JSM!. I am totally frustrated. 

If you have a big bunch of tickets i would think about investing in a professional tool.

Regards, BeGu

0 votes
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2019

@gssumman  This will most probably be done using CSV import in JIRA. Please see this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0713/migrating-from-other-issue-trackers-964983824.html

But before this, a lot of analysis work would be required to create the necessary Configuration mappings (like request type mapping, issue type mapping, field mappings etc.) between Remedy and Jira Service Desk.

Since this is not so straight forward and need a considerable technical effort, I would recommend to contact and take services of one of the Platinum Solution partners of Atlassian, who have proven expertise in such migrations.

I can recommend one of them as "Cprime, Inc.", who are really good with handling such migration scenarios.

https://www.cprime.com/atlassian/consulting/

mittapalli m July 18, 2019

Hi @gssumman , Did you get the solution or documentation on this issue, i

am also working on migrating data from Remedy to Jira Service desk.

Thank you.

Like Егор Корсун likes this

Suggest an answer