mention an issue in a comment : auto complete and full text rendering ?

Martin September 22, 2015

Hi,

We writing in a comment, you can mention an ISSUE-XXX and it is be default rendered as a link.

But,

• you should know which exact issue ID you want to refer to before. Why wouldn't it be possible to have  an auto-complete feature like with '@' mentioning ?
  • the issue is renderer as ISSUE-XXX rather as a link displaying "ISSUE-XXX : there is a an issue with X bla bla"

Is there something to do that ?

2 answers

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

If you want to render Issue key with summary next to it you should write your own plugin that extends wiki style renderer. As far as I know there is no plugin with this capability.

Thanks, and about issue auto-search when writing ? (like when mentioning someone with @ ?)

Do I need to write some java stuff to change the rendering of issues ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

Yes, you'd need to write a new chunk of editor to get auto-search.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2015

Hi Martin,

It depends on the renderer you configured for comments. Check comment renderer in your JIRA instance. It should be Wiki-Style renderer inorder to show issuekey with hyperlinks.

Hope this helps!! 

Hi, I forgot to mention that indeed ISSUE-XXX renders as link, but my point is how to change the way it's rendered and secondly how to do auto-complete while typing in a comment which would be very useful.

Suggest an answer