mapped Zendesk Status to Jira custom field, only synchs when status changes

Ken Lignelli June 16, 2015

We have onsite version of Jira, and use hosted Zendesk.

I want to map the Status field in Zendesk (system field for Zendesk, dropdown, values of "New, Open, Pending,On-hold, Resolved") to a custom JIRA field (dropdown, same values).

I set up the mapping for this as "Zendesk to JIRA only", and made sure to click "Map Values" and put in all the values properly.

But, this data does not synch from Zen to JIRA unless the Status changes. I would expect it to synch if the ticket synchs for any reason (such as editing the title or other field).  Any ideas?  Or is this the way its supposed to work?

3 answers

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

I don't know to be honest. I just wanted to update the tags on this question so more of the relevant people would see it. You may consider contacting Zendesk support and asking them since they wrote the add-on. See their contact details at: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/vendors/7485

0 votes
Ken Lignelli June 16, 2015

Yes, I was under the impression that whenever a ticket "synched", all fields would synch, not just the fields which happened to change. Maybe that's not the case?

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2015

Suggest an answer