manage organizations

Admin Octavian November 10, 2016

Hello.

We have JIRA 7.2.2 installed on our server and JIRA Service Desk 3.2.4 (Evalution version).

I have created a few "Service desk" projects, about 10  customers and two agents.

Now i wish to create an organization and assign two customers to it, but i haven't such option anywhere (

with admin account or service desk agent account)

Documentation of Cloud Edition says that  i can:

"Manage organizations (if allowed at the application level)" and

"By default, you need the Service Desk Team role for a project to manage organizations in it. However, a JIRA admin can restrict organization management to JIRA admins by turning off the Organization management setting in > Applications > JIRA Service Desk Configuration."

I can't manage organization's and i haven't option "Organization management" in JIRA Service Desk configuration to turn it on.

What i'm doing wrong? It's possible to manage customer organizations on server JIra & service desk instances and how to do it?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2016

It is coming to JIRA Service Desk Server in version 3.3.0. Watch https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-4390 for details.

0 votes
Julia Frances June 24, 2019

Offer accepted to have access to it 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2016

Octavian,

let me start by stating that I am on cloud not server so the following may be of little use but offer it up just in case...

As an admin you should be able to create an organization and add customer to that organization. In cloud I do this as follows:

1. in the project view click on the customers icon just below the queues
  2. in customer view there should be an "Add organizations" button in top-right, select that
  3. name the organization and it shows up in your customer list
  4. select the organization and in the organization view you can add customers. As you do that they are moved from the Customers screen and placed under the organization

If you get this working one thing to be aware of, unless you want ever ticket creation and response going to every customer w/in an org (yuck) then you should disable that notification. Project>Project settings>Customer Notifications>Organization added set to disabled.

Admin Octavian November 10, 2016

Hi Jack!

Thank you for answer.

In a server version of Servicedesk Customer view contains only a list of customers (with Search field) and just one button "Invite customers" in top right field sad....  

Maybe this option is related to Cloud version only.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2016

that appears to be the case. just check the server docs and no mention of "Organizations" feature.

Suggest an answer