make mandatory of work log time each time ticket update

gayan ganepola September 25, 2017

Hi,

I want to make mandatory of work log time each time ticket update  for service  team . how could I configure that   

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2017

Hi Gayan;

@Wojciech Seliga  has been already answered about this topic

find details here -->  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Making-Work-Log-mandatory/qaq-p/52081/jump-to/first-unread-message 

Best regards

Jerry Ryan Ishmael September 27, 2017

dead link. 

0 votes
Answer accepted
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2017

...Have you tried making Log Work field required (via Field Configuration (Scheme))? Then logging work should be mandatory on every screen, including (I am afraid) issue creation screen.

Alternatively one can devise a small plugin which would inject into a page small javascript file which will make sure that whenever Log Work field is displayed it's non-empty on form submit....

gayan ganepola October 2, 2017

Thanks. now its possible to make mandatory.

but during edit mode can i disable only the start date text field ?  

screennnnnn.JPG

volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 2, 2017

Hi, Gayan;

as i can see, "date started" is mandatory field.

You have to disabled field required (but some fields come as mandatory by default in some issue type) and after you can diasable/remove from field scheme or you can select custom tab and unclick that field on "configure fields" on edit mode screeen.

Br,

1 vote
volkan ciftci
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 3, 2017

You can disable it also ,project setting-->Screens-->Screen Scheme-->View/Edit Screen

Br,

Suggest an answer