make log time default to units of hours

Jeremy Marquis June 12, 2013

When a user logs time to an issue, how can I make JIRA assume the units are in hours without the "h" suffix?

When I type in "1.75" in the field, it is recorded as "0.03". It assumes minutes unless I use "1.75h"

2 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

You can select the default unit for time tracking at Administration > System > Time Tracking

Jeremy Marquis June 12, 2013

I wish I could give you bonus points for giving the navigation path right to it!

Like # people like this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2013

lol. glad it helped ;)

Jim Crawford January 18, 2016

I was also looking for this recently, however it appears to have moved Administration > Issues > Time Tracking,

I add this so that others looking for the same don't get confused!

Like # people like this
5 votes
Federico Reynero May 4, 2018

Admin > Issues > Time Tracking

Josh Sommers October 24, 2018

Does not work. Time is still displayed in a variety of formats, with hours just being the largest.

With this set, still see the following on different tickets:

• 41.25 hours (great!)
  • 3h 40m (stupid)
  • 38m (even worse)

Atlassian makes this intentionally useless so that we are forced to purchase their time tracking plugin.

Edward Greathouse January 16, 2019

Any luck with this?

Federico Reynero July 24, 2019

Cloud and Server

Admin > Issues > Time Tracking. 

Selection_574.png

Suggest an answer