make each check box mandatory in multi checkbox field jira

NehaNagori June 12, 2017

I have a multi checkbox that i am using in workflow transitions. 

currently, on clicking on one check box is sufficient for transitioning a issue. But I want While transitioning a issue, All check boxes to be clicked(as a mandatory field). 

2 answers

1 vote
Aashutosh Kumar October 21, 2021

Too Late Answer, useful for newcomers.
All CheckBox Options can be marked Required, if using Extension for Jira Service Management .
Add CheckBox Field in Customer Form Extensions, and set validator = at least x values required: "Number of Checkbox options"

Extension for Jira Service Management 

Project Settings -> Customer Form Extension -> Request Type -> Check Box Field -> Validator -> atleast x values required -> "Number of Checkbox options"

c.png

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2017

If they all have to be mandatory, technically you don't need the field.  You can assume that the user has ticked everything because they're using the transition.

If you do insist on doing this, then you will need to find or write some code for it.  This could get quite "interesting".  Technically, you could just check "number of selected options = x", but what happens if the list changes?  You suddenly have a load of issues that don't match, although they did when they were transitioned.

NehaNagori June 20, 2017

Can we implement this through scripts?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

Examples of validators can be found under https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.3.1/jira/recipes/workflow.html (I went higher, because you might prefer a condition instead - a validator will halt a user part way through a transition, whereas a condition will stop them using the transition at all)

Suggest an answer