looking for new board where i can put information or text which i want

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

I'm aware about Introduction and text part of jira however i need some portal or part of dashboard where i can put text which i want

pupose is - if someone is on leave then his/her tickets can be taken care by someone else.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2014

Ok, you've not really said what you wan that you can't do in the introduction widget.

Despite that, the answer is pretty simple - you need to write a gadget that does what you need.

Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Introduction widget - only admin can update however i want something similar where any user can put the text he wants .e.g abc is on leave till 30 apr 14

also it shall have provision to delete it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2014

That's quite a complex requirement, and still a little vague when you try to apply it to Jira.

What you're really saying is that you want a normal user to be able to enter some information, and then have that appear in a gadget. Your problems here are that people will have to choose to use that gadget, and that there's nothing that the user can actually add the information to.

Except issues. Several places I've been have a simple "holidays" project with a simple workflow and then they use the calendar gadget to indicate who is away. Not ideal, but does the basics, and the idea is broadly correct.

Suggest an answer