login via LDAP/AD takes very long

chrisi December 15, 2013

i have jira, confluence and bamboo installed on a single system. jira is connected to our companys AD-server. bamboo and confluence are connected to jira. when i try to log into one of these apps, it takes over 10 seconds. however, when i test the configured LDAP-queries in apache directory studio it takes less that a second to return a result. syncing the directory in jira is also very fast. only login takes so long. i can't find anything in the logs. any ideas??

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
chrisi February 17, 2014

Since no one seems to can help me with this issue - maybe because this question is marked as answered although it is only a question back - i will close this question now and ask the same question again in a new thread.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2013

Hi Chris,

What does the network consist of between the AD server and the server with the Atlassian products? Is there a proxy in place?

Cheers,

Ann

chrisi December 16, 2013

no, there is no proxy in place. both jira and ldap are on the same network segment

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

If you support contract is current with Atlassian this would probably be an appropriate question for tech support as it deal with a core functionality of the software. They might be able to dive into the logs and give you some clues.

Suggest an answer