Andres Serna January 22, 2018

I can not log into my admin account, I have checked password and it is correct, I am able to log in to jira web site but when I go to local server to log in my credentials are not accepted. Is there another way other then doing the online password recovery to change the password.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

I am sorry, but it is unclear where the problem is.

You can't log into your admin account where?  You say you are able to log into "jira web site", but don't tell us which one.  And what are you trying to log into on the "local server"?

There are ways to set and reset passwords, but we need to know exactly what system you are trying to get into and what the difference is between the three accounts you seem to be talking about.

Im sorry if I wasnt clear, I am able to use my credentials to log into Jira Atlassin community which to me indicates that my user name and password are correct, when I try to log into my local server using the same user name and password I can not get in. I have gone through the "cant access your account" link but I never receive an email with a reset password link. Im not sure if there is another way to change my password locally, I have checked other account I have set up and they all seem to work but the admin account is the one I am having trouble with.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Ok, that's clear.

When you log in here, you are logging into an Atlassian account, which is used to access a lot of Atlassian systems, including Atlassian Cloud systems.

That is a totally separate thing from your "local server" account.  If it is not sending you a reset password link, then either your account has the wrong email, email is not configured, or your account does not exist.  In each case, you'll need to get another admin to fix it.

If there are no other admins, you'll need to run through https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html

ok thank you I will take a look at it now and hopefully be able to fix my issue 

Suggest an answer