little help with execute sentences SQL on JIRA

Christian Jaya November 21, 2017

Hi every one

I need a little help, I must find a complement that allows me to execute sql sentences from jira

i mean execute insert, update, delete, etc.

I will be attentive to your answer

thanks so much

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2017

No, you don't want to do this.

It is ok to read a Jira database, but the database is designed as a datastore, not a reporting database.  This makes SQL the single worst possible way to read Jira data.

You must NEVER insert, update or delete, etc in a Jira database (barring bug fixes while the database is offline)

Forget the database.  Please tell us what you are trying to achieve and we'll be able to tell you how to do it in a better way.

Christian Jaya November 23, 2017

you don't understand me, i 'm not using a JIRA data base, my company use SQL SERVER, that is the reason why we want to do INSERT, DELETE and UPDATE in our own data base, not on jira database

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

No, you are right, it was not clear, and I jumped the wrong way.

I would import a database driver, or even embed a new jdbc source in your Tomcat, then you'll be able to write code for using the other database.  I'd use ScriptRunner to do that, as usual.

Suggest an answer